Dental implants are a game-changer when it comes to replacing missing teeth. Nearly three million Americans have chosen dental implants over traditional tooth loss solutions such as removable dentures and bridges. At TLC for Gums, Dr. Gordon Wilson is proud to be one of the best implant dentists in Phoenix, AZ. Discover why dental implants are becoming the preferred choice of dentists and patients for their strength and lifelike appearance.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots surgically placed into the jawbone to support replacement teeth, bridges, or arches. They’re typically made of biocompatible titanium that integrates with the bone, forming a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
If you have dental implants placed and are in need of a restorative piece, Dr. Gordon Wilson is happy to offer restoration services for the following:
Single Dental Implant
Multiple Dental Implants
Full Arch Dental Implants
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Improved Appearance: Implants look and feel like natural teeth, which can enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Improved Function: Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat and speak with confidence.
- Improved Oral Health: Implant restorations help to preserve the bone in your jaw and prevent further tooth loss.
- Convenience: Dental implants are a permanent solution that doesn’t require messy adhesives or removal for cleaning.
- Durability: Implant fixtures are a long-lasting solution with proper care and maintenance they can last a lifetime
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process usually involves several steps and can take several months to complete. The process typically includes the following steps:
- Consultation: During the consultation, your Phoenix dentist will evaluate your oral health and determine if dental implants are ideal for you. They will also take X-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a treatment plan.
- Implant Placement: In the first surgery, the implant is placed into the jawbone. The implant will be left to heal and fuse with the bone for a few months, a process called osseointegration.
- Abutment Placement: After the implant has fused with the bone, a small connector called an abutment is attached to the implant. This will serve as the connection point for the replacement tooth or bridge.
- Crown or Bridge Placement: The final step is to attach the replacement tooth or bridge to the abutment. This replacement tooth is custom-made to match the size, shape, and color of natural teeth.
Restoration Services for Custom Crowns, Dentures, and Bridges
If you already have dental implants and need a restorative piece, Dr. Gordon Wilson can provide same-day restoration services. Dr. Wilson uses CEREC® same-day technology to create natural-looking, custom crowns, dentures, and bridges in just one appointment. You’ll spend less time in the dental chair and won’t have to rearrange your schedule for multiple visits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does getting dental implants hurt?
Getting dental implants is generally a painless procedure. Most patients report little to no discomfort during the implant placement procedure. Your dentist may recommend over-the-counter pain medications to manage discomfort while you recover.
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. The lifespan of dental implants depends on several factors, including oral hygiene, lifestyle habits, and the patient’s health. Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are essential for maintaining the implants.
How long does it take to get dental implants?
The process of dental implants can take several months, as it involves multiple stages. The entire process can take six to nine months or longer, depending on the individual case.
Does insurance cover dental implants?
Insurance coverage for dental implants varies depending on the dental insurance plan. Some insurance plans provide coverage for dental implants, while others may cover only a portion of the cost. Check with your insurance provider to determine the extent of your coverage for dental implants.
Get Back to Life as Normal with Customized Implants
Dental implants are the best solution for missing teeth, offering unmatched stability, reliability, and health benefits. With minimal maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime, providing a cost-effective and long-lasting solution for tooth loss. Contact our Phoenix, AZ, office today at 480-661-4867 to schedule an appointment and restore your beautiful smile. We welcome patients from Tempe, Central City, and Scottsdale.